Sunday 17 January 2010

How to start?

I was invited to the Entrepreneurs Bootcamp where I signed up for a number of courses. There were some great speakers there - Andrew Reynolds, Brett McFall, Adam Ginsberg, Pat Mesiti etc. One of the speakers started his business by creating a simple 8-page monthly newsletter about advertising (the industry he was in). He took out a 1/2 page advert in a business magazine at a discounted price for 12 months. People started subscribing and then he turned the newsletter into a manual about the secrets of advertising. Within a couple of years he made over £200,000 from the manual! Could it be that simple?

First thing I learnt is that you need to understand the basics so that you can take ACTION immediately. There's no point being bogged down with tons of information because I found I was getting information overload and ending up doing very little. I would sit and watch lots of dvds, read lots of ebooks and spent hours on the internet but wasn't really putting anything into practice.

So I've been racking my brain to work out what product to start with. Shall I sell a dvd/ebook/membership site etc? I've decided to start with a dvd/ebook set about making money online. Ok, here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment